2 February 2015 – minutes
Attending: Ian, Cilla, Elena, Yula Apologies: Sophie, Sami, Rose, Isis
- Catch up from London meeting
- Prep for Manchester meeting
- New members
Catch up from London
- Nim & Isis took notes: Action to ask them for them.
- Felt like a productive meeting, but it was very difficult to keep to time and some of the discussions were cut.
- The values conversation took a long time, and the question of ‘Who should make decisions’ didn’t get addressed.
- Seemed to be some disagreement on what systemic change was – some people felt ‘harm reduction’ could lead to systemic change, others not. Definite sense that this needs more discussion, throughout the membership
- Questions as to whether there was an over-reliance on the term ‘radical’
- Proposal to combine 1 & 2 in ‘what we fund’ – general disagreement. Keep them the same.
- Staffing proposal: suggestion to add two people in London, hot-desking (someone offered office space). Somewhat frustrating lack of engagement with FG proposal
- Perhaps a bit of resentment about FG making decisions?
- People didn’t understand the staffing proposal – possibly wasn’t well enough introduced. Rejection of proposal to change: suggested keep the same but encouraging social aspects.
- Agreed on £3k max amount.
Prep for Manchester
- Should we send notes from London? Felt that no, we shouldn’t.
- Agenda should be ready – let’s send it out.
- Action: Cilla to get in touch with Nim and see where she’s up to with prep
- The members that came to their trial / answered additional questions: yes, accept them – they’ve waited long enough! But the membership need to be able to hold us to account on this. Action: Elena to email the 3 applicants who answered extra qs.
- Also, the other waiting applications – should we just send these to the membership & get approval on these too?
- Staffing – really need to sort this out.
- At the moment, 36% of funds raised go on overheads – can we reduce this to 30%?