How to apply
We are not currently accepting applications. To be notified about our next funding round, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up to our newsletter
Here are the details on how to apply to the Edge Fund. We look forward to hearing from you!
1. Read our funding criteria and values statement
- We are a very small fund. The maximum grant you can apply for is £3,000 for groups and £1,000 for individuals.
- Unfortunately, we can not fund groups or individuals outside of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland.
- Your application will be read by our 100+ members, and may be shared with other applicants if your application is short-listed.
- If you have applied before and been unsuccessful please get in touch before applying again.
- We welcome feedback on our application process. Please complete this survey to let us know about your experience of applying to Edge Fund.
2. Download and fill in the application form
- Please download the form for group applications here.
- Please download the form for individual applications here.
Please keep your application to a maximum of 1000 words and within two pages of A4. Here is an example group application to give you an idea of how to fill it in.
3. Get in touch if you need any support to fill in your application
Please get in touch if you need support to fill in this application form for any reason. For example, if it’s your first time applying for funding, if you’re unsure of what is required or you face other challenges, (e.g. English is not your mother tongue), if you have impairments or any accessibility issues. We have members who can assist you, please get in touch.
4. Send us your completed application form before midnight on the 3rd July 2016
Email your completed application to apply-@-edgefund.org.uk (without the dashes) or call 0776 712 6915 or 0300 123 1965 for help submitting an application. If you would like to post the application please let us know.
5. Next steps with your application
- We will confirm all applications received a day or two after the deadline, if you’ve not received confirmation of receipt after this, please get in touch.
- The deadline for submitting applications is midnight on the 3rd July 2016. After the deadline members will collectively short list the applications. Short listed applicants may need to provide more details – we’re available to help with this process where needed.
- Decisions on which applications are funded are made collectively and democratically. You should hear from us in around 2 months after the application deadline if you have been short-listed for funding. We will be in touch during this time to give you a better idea of when you will hear from us.
- If your application is successful, and you have applied for more than £1500 we will invite you to our funding day, where members and applicants democratically decide which organisations get the larger grants. This will be in the Autumn. For information about how this works, see our report on last years funding day.
- Reporting back: Its not a requirement, but if you have been awarded money from the Edge Fund, we would love to hear how your work has benefited from the grant: Here is some information on reporting back about your Edge Fund grant.
- Feedback: We do not provide feedback about your application automatically at the end of a funding round, but if you would like some get in touch once the funding round is over, and we will provide that.
6. Please help us spread the word about Edge Fund
Please help us spread the word about Edge Fund, especially if you work with groups who do not usually have connections to funding sources. We’re a new organisation, and whilst we’ve taken time to figure everything out so far, we recognise there’s still lots of work to do; we’re ever-evolving so please feel free to get in touch with any suggestions, particularly about how we can make funding more accessible.
If you’d like to take part in deciding how funds are distributed, please apply to become a member.
You can find out more about the values underpinning the application process by reading the following pages: